Deadline : 31 March 2011
at the Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, starting date as soon as possible, but no longer than 4 years.
The department of immunology, genetics and pathology at Uppsala University (http://www.igp.uu.se) has a broad research profile, with several strong research groups in different fields of science, e.g. medical and clinical genetics, bioinformatics, immunology, pathology, tumour biology, vascular biology and method development. The department was founded to promote a closer collaboration between clinical and pre-clinical research and part of the activity is integrated with the clinics of genetics and pathology-cytology at the University Hospital, Uppsala. Rudbeck Laboratory has access to state-of-the-art technologies, with core facilities for cell analysis, confocal microscopy, DNA-sequencing and genotyping.
We look for you who want to study for a PhD degree in the field of molecular medicine. The main project will be to investigate if measurements of protein activity status provide advantages for cancer diagnostics (leukemia and circulating tumour cells). Protein activity is determined as protein interactions and post-translational modifications, using flow cytometry and microscopy. The work will also consist of development of new methods in molecular biology. The methods that will be used are mainly variants of the proximity ligation assay (PLA). Further information on the activity of the research group can be accessed at
The successful candidate will devote most of the time towards his/her research level education. Other service activities within the department, e.g. education and administrative work can be included within the framework of the employment (maximum 20%).
The applicant should have an academic degree, e.g. MSc Pharm, or MSc Molecular Biology, or similar. Experience from experimental research, flow cytometry, immunostaining and PLA are considered as additional qualifications. Documented skills in oral and written English are required.
The application should include a curriculum vitae, copies of exams, degrees and grades, references and a short description of the applicant and his/her experience. Letters(s) of recommendation may be included. If the applicant has published scientific papers, they can also be included.
Information about education at the postgraduate level, admission requirements and admission decisions can be found at
Selection of applicants will be done by the future tutor for the selected student in consultation with the postgraduate study group of the department. The Postgraduate Programmes Committee at the Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy will formally approve of the student’s admission.
will be according to local guidelines at Uppsala University.
For further information
about the postgraduate position contact Associate Professor Ola Söderberg, tel.+46184714868 or e-mail email@example.com
Union representatives are Anders Grundström, Saco-rådet, phn. +46184715380, Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST, phn. +46184711996, and Stefan Djurström, phn. +46184713315.
Translate This Blog
Albanian | Arabic | Bulgarian | Catalan | Chinese | Croatian | Czech | Danish | Dutch | Estonian | Filipino | Finnish | French | Galician | German | Greek | Hebrew | Hindi | Hungarian | Indonesian | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Latvian | Lithuanian | Maltese | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | Serbian | Slovak | Slovenian | Spanish | Swedish | Thai | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
[Sweden] PhD Student Position in Medical Science in Research Group Molecular Tools Uppsala University
Deadline : 31 March 2011
- [China] Chinese Government Scholarship-University ...
- [Sweden] PhD Student Position in Medical Science i...
- [UK] Scholarships for the Public International Law...
- [France] PhD scholarship in Biochemistry, Saclay
- [France] PhD Scholarship in Laser Optics
- [England] Ten Doctoral Scholarships in St Marys Un...
- [India] National Centre For Integrated Pest Manage...
- [Netherlands] Master and PhD Scholarships ? Aga Kh...
- [UK] Edinburgh Global Master?s Scholarships
- [Netherlands] Professor De Winter Scholarship ? Un...
- 10 PhD Scholarships, St. Marys University College,...
- 70 PhD Studentships, University of Sussex, UK
- 32 PhD Positions in INRIA, France
- PhD positions at Ca' Foscari University of Venice,...
- 13 PhD positions in TOPOMOD Project
- Research Post PhD in Material Science or related
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Polymer Nanocomposite M...
- Faculty Positions: Molecular Determinants of Embry...
- PhD Fellowship in Wireless Communications
- Post-Doc modeling the spread of vectors and vector...
- Heidelberg University, PhD Position in Experimenta...
- 2011-2012 Petrach Senior Fellowship in Eurasian St...
- 2011 Postdoctoral Position, Department of Politica...
- Scholarship for MSc Clinical Trials by Distance Le...
- India: Inlaks ? LAMDA Collaborative Scholarships 2...
- [Luxembourg] PhD Position in Material Science
- [England] Masters Degree Scholarships in Wageninge...
- [Italy] 84 PhD Positions in ICT at University of T...
- ▼ févr. 27 (28)
- ▼ février (89)
- ► novembre (70)
- ► octobre (70)
- ► juin (186)
- ► mai (211)
- ► avril (216)
- ► novembre (85)
- ► octobre (153)
- ► juillet (120)
- ► mai (50)
- ► avril (247)