The The US Department of State ofers The Fulbright Science and Technology Doctoral Fellowships are offered for the year 2010/11 in USA
- agriculture (entomology, plant biology, plant pathology and soil science)
- astronomics/aeronautical engineering
- astronomy/planetary sciences
- biomedical engineering
- computer science/engineering
- engineering (chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, ocean, and petroleum)
- environmental science/engineering
- geology/earth and atmospheric sciences
- information sciences/engineering
- materials science/engineering
- neuroscience/brain and cognitive sciences
- public health (theoretical research only)
Who may apply:
- Candidates must be Israeli citizens. Dual American-Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be resident in Israel at the time of application and must continue to be resident in Israel until the beginning of their studies in the United States as Fulbright Fellows. Students who have already begun their doctoral program in the United States or are planning to begin study in the US before the Fall 2011 semester are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree before August 1, 2011.
- Candidates must be in good health. All applicants selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be activated.
- Prior conviction or current indictment for a felony may result in disqualification.
- Academic excellence is the primary criterion for the evaluation of candidates.
- English language proficiency is an important evaluation criterion. Candidates must have a recent TOEFL score of 92-93 (internet-based test) or higher.
- Candidates should have a quantitative score of at least 700 on the GRE General Exam.
- Leadership qualities are an important evaluation criterion.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not had a substantial, recent, academic experience in the United States.
- Possession of skills required to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Israel is an important evaluation criterion.
- Candidates in certain disciplines, who are selected for nomination to the international competition, will also be required to submit the results of GRE Subject examinations.
How to apply: