Translate This Blog
Albanian | Arabic | Bulgarian | Catalan | Chinese | Croatian | Czech | Danish | Dutch | Estonian | Filipino | Finnish | French | Galician | German | Greek | Hebrew | Hindi | Hungarian | Indonesian | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Latvian | Lithuanian | Maltese | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | Serbian | Slovak | Slovenian | Spanish | Swedish | Thai | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The Vincennes University offers The Hong Kong/Vincennes University Scholarships for the year 2010/11 to Hong Kong residents in Indiana
- Hong Kong resident
- Qualify for admission
- Preference given to math, science, and business majors
- Amount of award is based on GPA and English proficiency
- Submit a completed application packet
- Submit a maximum 500-word essay that describes your academic interest and why you would like to study at VU
- Application and all supporting documents must be received by May 15. Consideration will be given to late applications if funds are still available.
- For application form visit http://www.vinu.edu/cms/export/sites/default/future_students/international_students/international_students_download_gallery/vu_hongkongscholar_app_rev_03252010.pdf.
Application Mailing Address:
Room 601 General Commerce Building
156-164 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong
The Technical University of Denmark offers The PhD Fellowships in Metagenomics and Nano-chip for the year 2010 in Denmark
- Master’s degree in natural science, veterinary or human medicine, as an engineer or similar
- Fulfils the requirements as set by the Technical University of Denmark.
- Practical laboratory experience with molecular microbiology, and basic knowledge of food safety
- Theoretical biological background, and a strong drive for obtaining results
- Interest in working and communicating in an international research network.
How to apply:
- Apply online at http://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?PortalID=946&VacatureID=85320&CustomerCode=DTU1.
- Applications must include documentation of a completed master’s degree.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The University is offering 20 individual awards worth up to £10,000 for candidates commencing a one year Masters programme in 2010.
Eligibility and Application Procedures
The scheme is open to applicants from all countries outside the EU who have applied for a one year Masters degree programme in any discipline at the University.
Candidates must be classified as overseas for fee purposes and must not be in receipt of a full scholarship from any other source.
To apply, candidates must submit a scholarship application form together with copies of academic transcripts and at least one academic reference no later than the closing date of Friday 28th May 2010.
- Postgraduate Scholarship information leaflet (PDF, 4.5mb, opens in new window)
- Scholarship application form (PDF, 60kb, opens in new window)
- Postgraduate Scholarship guidance notes (PDF, 40kb, opens in new window)
The programme is dedicated to academic improvement, aiming undergraduate and graduate students (MA and PhD) who prepare their final papers (dissertations, theses). The selection is performed by an independent committee of professionals, based on an application file that must contain, among other papers, a reference letter from the supervisor of the BA or MA dissertation or doctoral thesis.
Deadline for submitting the applications: May 15th 2010
The documentation and research period have to be ended until December 31st, 2010.
Grant’s value: 3 495 euros/person
The field for which the evaluation and selection is performed: collecting reference materials and research
ICR awards 5 grants on a yearly basis.
Length of the grant: 3 months
Required application papers:
- application form;
- project’s description;
- 2 reference letters (one from the supervisor and the second one from another professor, preferably an academic specialized on the proposed topic);
- Copies of one the studies published in the last two years in a scientific review;
- The period for which the grant application is made
Institutul Cultural Român, Aleea Alexandru nr. 38, sector 1, Bucureşti.
031 7100 675
CU-SIM: Modeling and Analysis Skills for Sustainable Infrastructure Restoration
DOCTORAL STUDENT CANDIDATES
The Civil Engineering Department at Clemson University invites applications for twoGraduate Assistantships for Ph.D. Students to start August 2010. The Graduate Assistants will investigate the coupling of Single Phenomena Models into one Multi-Phenomena Model, and the application of statistical methods to quantify uncertainty, determine parameter sensitivity and infer parameter values from experiments.
During the course of their graduate education, the Ph.D. students will be expected to acquire relevant skills in
- Effect Screening,
- Sensitivity Analysis,
- Experimental Design,
- Sampling Techniques,
- Uncertainty Quantification,
- Model Verification and Validation and expertise in
- Statistical Inference for model Calibration.
- numerical modeling, and
- programming experience (e.g. Matlab, Fortran, C, C++, parallel computing, Unix programming and Linux) .
Graduate Assistantships will be in the form of a 1/4-time (10 hours per week) teaching assistantship and a 1/4 time (10 hours per week) research assistantship to provide the students with expertise in both teaching and research in civil engineering.
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The Clemson University School of Civil Engineering, has approximately 50 graduate students, 22 full-time faculty members. The Department conducts research in six key areas: Applied Fluid Mechanics, Construction Engineering and Management, Construction Materials, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, and Transportation Systems.
Interested Students are Invited to send resumes, statements of professional interests and contact information for three references to:
Review Of Applications Begins Immediately Until The Position Is Filled.
Ph.D. Opportunity in Re-Os Isotope Geochemistry and Stratigraphy of Ordovician Graptolite Zones in Newfoundland.
We seek a highly motivated and creative Ph.D. student for a multi-disciplinary project funded by NSF. Innovation and diligence combined with the ability to assimilate cross-disciplinary literature are essential. The primary goal is the Re-Os dating of graptolites in a detailed biostratigraphic context. The student will be based with the AIRIE Program at Colorado State University, with a competitive stipend for at least two years.
The Re-Os work will dovetail with field studies, sequence stratigraphy, and graptolite taxonomy spearheaded by S. Egenhoff and J. Maletz and a PhD student focused on the stratigraphy.
Contact Holly Stein and Judith Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judith L. Hannah, Professor
Secondary appointment (July-Dec):
Department of Geosciences – AIRIE Program
Forsker, Berggrunn og skorpeprosesser
Colorado State University
Norges geologiske undersøkelse
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1482 USA 7491
- ► 2011 (135)
- ► novembre (70)
- ► octobre (70)
- ► juin (186)
- ► mai (211)
- Executive Doctorate Programme 2010/11-England
- Hong Kong/Vincennes University Scholarships 2010/1...
- PhD Fellowships 2010-Metagenomics/Nano-chip-Denmar...
- University of Birmingham International Master Scho...
- The Romanian Cultural Institute Grants for Foreign...
- PhD Studentship in The Clemson University School o...
- PhD Opportunity in Re-Os Geochemistry and Stratigr...
- ▼ avr. 30 (7)
- ► novembre (85)
- ► octobre (153)
- ► juillet (120)
- ► mai (50)
- ► avril (247)