De Montfort University PhD Studentship in Design Optimisation of Additive Manufactured Textiles Product Design Research Group
A PhD research studentship shared between Art & Design and Technology, De Montfort University (DMU), Leicester, is available to suitably qualified UK or EU students. The project will investigate the design optimisation of Additive Manufactured textiles for high-performance applications. For more information about the project and research area please visit our main website and subsite or contact Dr Guy Bingham on +44 (0)116 250 6118 +44 (0)116 250 6118 or email email@example.com
This research opportunity is one of 15 scholarships funded by DMU in 2010/11 to build on our excellent achievements in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise. It will develop the university’s research capacity into new and evolving areas of study, enhancing DMU’s national and international research partnerships.
Applications are invited from UK or EU students with a good first degree (First, 2:1, or equivalent) in a relevant subject and a keen interest in additive manufacturing, design optimisation and advanced computer aided design.
Value of this studentship
Doctoral scholarships are available for up to three years’ full-time study starting October 2010 and provide a bursary of £13,500 pa in addition to university tuition fees.
How to apply
Applicants should contact the Faculty Research Office to receive an application pack, which requires a full CV with two supporting references. Please firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)116 250 7520 +44 (0)116 250 7520 for further details.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 16 April 2010
Translate This Blog
Albanian | Arabic | Bulgarian | Catalan | Chinese | Croatian | Czech | Danish | Dutch | Estonian | Filipino | Finnish | French | Galician | German | Greek | Hebrew | Hindi | Hungarian | Indonesian | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Latvian | Lithuanian | Maltese | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | Serbian | Slovak | Slovenian | Spanish | Swedish | Thai | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
[UK] PhD Studentship in Design Optimisation of Additive Manufactured Textiles Product Design Research Group
The Aboitiz College Scholarship Program wishes to recognize outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any Accountancy, Business /Management, IT or Engineering course. Each academic year, Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV) will award students with a scholarship to assist in defraying tuition expenses and school fees. Each scholarship will be renewable every semester as long as the student maintains the GPA requirement and makes normal progress toward a degree.
Scholars are required to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 85% or its equivalent each semester.
A paid 10-week summer internship is open to scholars.
Upon completion of his / her course, a scholar will be considered for an
apprenticeship position with an Aboitiz company for a maximum of one (1) year.
WHO MAY APPLY
The applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- A full-time 1st year to 4th year incoming student of an eligible college / university
- Pursuing a degree in any Accountancy, Business / Management, IT or Engineering course
- Final grade / cumulative overall GPA should not be lower than 85% or its equivalent
- No failing or incomplete grade
- No record of any form of disciplinary action
- Must have fully completed and timely submitted all application materials
- Cebu Institute of Technology
- Central Philippine University
- Silliman University
- St. Theresa’s College
- University of Cebu
- University of San Carlos
- University of San Jose – Recoletos
- University of the Philippines in the Visayas Cebu College
The applicant must submit all of the following required documents:
Completed & signed application kit
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic & one non-academic)
- Certified true copy of HS Report Card (for incoming 1st years only)
- Certified true copy of college transcript for ALL undergraduate course work to date (for incoming 2nd – 4th years)
- All application documents submitted to the Scholarship Selection Committee will become the property of the company and will NOT be returned to the applicants.
The Aboitiz College Scholarship Program
Aboitiz Equity Ventures
Aboitiz Corporate Center
Gov. Manuel A. Cuenco Avenue, Banilad
6000 Cebu City
Contact Information :
Tel. No. 63-32-411-1774
The Aboitiz College Scholarship Program has the following provisions:
The funds are intended to assist the scholar in defraying tuition expenses and other miscellaneous fees, books and transportation allowance. The scholarship payment will be made to the designated and eligible college /university and is not transferable to other academic institutions.
SCREENING AND SELECTION PROCESS
Initial applications are evaluated by a team from AEV’s Corporate HR.
Only the selected finalists will be notified of the panel interview schedule. They will be interviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee at the Aboitiz Corporate Center in Banilad, Cebu City.
The committee will determine the successful applicants based on their prior academic performance, recommendations, leadership ability, character, motivation and potential.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by phone on May 7, 2010.
The scholar must provide proof of enrollment for the 2010 – 2011 academic year and is expected to remain enrolled as a full-time student during this time period.
Artists residency and the arts,science & business program
Fellowships are awarded to artists who finished their basic studies not more than five years before applying to Akademie Schloss Solitude or who are not older than 35. University or college students will not be considered for selection.
The following artistic disciplines are represented: architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature, music/sound, and video/film/new media. As of 2007, the art, science & business program will be integrated in the jury process, including disciplines in the humanities, the sciences and economics.
The fellowship includes:
A combined apartment / studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge.
A stipend amounting to Euro 1,000 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence).The Akademie may also offer additional financial supplements, depending on its respective budget situation.
Deadline 31 October 2010
Akademie Schloss Solitude
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) are open to all international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
NZIDRS scholarships include:
- Full tuition fees for three years of full-time doctoral study
- NZ$20,500 per annum living allowance (NZ$1708.33 per month).
- up to NZ$600 annual health insurance allowance
- NZ$2000 (across 3 year tenure) travel allowance. This is intended to be used for conference attendance and field research
- NZ$800 (across 3 year tenure) book and thesis allowance
- NZ$500 one-off establishment allowance. Only to be paid to those students who are travelling to NZ specifically to take up the NZIDRS. No student already located in NZ is eligible to receive this amount.
- Additional funds are not available to support accompanying dependants.
You need to show evidence that academic supervision is available when you apply for this scholarship. Applicants should contact the relevant university departments to confirm the availability of appropriate supervision before submitting their applications.
The NZIDRS closes to applications on the 15th of July each year.Applications will be accepted from early May until 5pm (NZ time) on Thursday the 15th of July 2010. Please note that NZIDRS applications received after the closing date and/or incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection panel under any circumstances. This is non-negotiable.
If you have questions about the NZIDR scholarships, please contact the Education New Zealand Scholarships Manager –email@example.com
- NZIDRS terms and conditions (PDF)
- NZIDRS application form (Word doc)
- NZIDRS guidelines & frequently asked questions (PDF)
Fellowship Spotlight: The SOM Prize and Travel Fellowship for Architecture, Design and Urban Design
The SOM Prize in architecture, design and urban design is a $50,000 research and travel fellowship that enables one outstanding student to do in-depth research, collaborate with other designers, and pursue independent study outside the realm of established patterns. In addition to the grand SOM Prize, the Foundation also awards a $20,000 travel fellowship to the second strongest candidate.
Amount of scholarship: $50,000 Top Prize; $20,000 Travel fellowship
- Intent to apply: April 19, 2010
- Portfolio submissions: July 19, 2010
- Winners announced : August 6, 2010
- Candidates must have graduated or be graduating between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited U.S. school of architecture, urban design or design. Attendance at a U.S. school and graduation a must; U.S. citizenship not required.
- Candidates should be academically accomplished, demonstrate the highest design aspirations, and intend to enter the professional practice of architecture, design or urban design.
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill Foundation
224 South Michigan Ave, Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60604
Contact Name/ Title
Lisa Westerfield, :
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) 2011 Intake for indigenous Candidates from the Chittagong Hill Tracts For Undergraduate Level Age must be less than 30 years old. Completion of a minimum Higher Secondary Certificate /’A’ level. Preference will be given to the candidates who have minimum 60% marks/CGPA 2.5 in their 1st year exam of undergraduate studies in any university/institution. For Graduate Level: Must have completed a University level qualifications which is at least equivalent in standard to an Australian Bachelor Degree. Must have at least two years of work experience relevant to the field of study applying for. Candidates with high level academic results in one or more university level degrees are encouraged to apply. Valid IELTS score. Overall IELTS band score must be 6.0 (at least 6.0 in all individual bands). All candidates must be citizen of Bangladesh and indigenous person of CCHT origin and have valid passports.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, pleast visit the official website of UNDP, Bangladesh http://www.undp.org.bd/projects/proj_detail?pid=54 for detailed instruction and to download the application form. Hard copies of the instructions and application forms are also available at CHTDF, UNDP offices in Dhaka , Bandarban, Khagrachari and Rangamati.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Australian High Commission Bangladesh
184 Gulshan Avenue
Phone: 02-881 3101
Fax: 02-881 1125
Please carefully read the instructions and other relevant information in the website before submitting your application. Incomplete and ineligible applications will be disqualified.
Do you want to prepare a doctoral thesis and carry out valuable research in the field of information and communication science and technology or in a related field? In 2010, INRIA is offering young scientists the chance to join one of its research teams. Priority will be given to candidates with experience of mobility and in subjects within the scope of the institute’s priority subject areas.
INRIA’S MAIN RESEARCH FIELDS
- Applied mathematics, computation and simulation
- Algorithmics, programming, software and architecture
- Networks, systems and services, distributed computing
- Perception, cognition, interaction
- Computational Sciences for Biology, Medicine and the Environment
- You must have a Master’s in computer science, control or scientific calculation, or an equivalent diploma;
- All nationalities may apply
- You must submit an application for each subject proposed by the host research centre.
Tentative Application Deadline : 4 May 2010
Further details at http://www.inria.fr/travailler/opportunites/doc.en.html
4-year Bachelor degree or 3-year Bachelor plus 1-year Master degree. Minimum 2 first classes (or GPA 5) are required with no third class at any level. Age limit of the candidate : 40 years. A minimum of two year work experience in Civil Servants, Executives from NGO, Academics and Researchers. Selected candidates have to submit documents of leave of approval from their respective employers. Two letters of reference, one from the employer/ immediate superior and the other from last academic institution.
Full tuition fee waiver and monthly scholarship of Tk.20,000 for 23 months.
- Form Collection Last Date: 20 april 2010
- Form Submission Last Date: 25 april 2010
Interested applicants are requested to collect the Application Form paying Tk. 500 from: The office of the Director of Accounts
North South University
Admission Test: 7 May 2010, Time: 09:30am-11:30am
For further information and submission of the forms , please contact:
MPPG Program Office,
Department of General and Continuing Education Rooms: 1074 & 1076,
orth Academic Building ,
North South University,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- ► 2011 (135)
- ► novembre (70)
- ► octobre (70)
- ► juin (186)
- ► mai (211)
- [UK] PhD Studentship in Design Optimisation of Add...
- [Philippines] Aboitiz Scholarship Program
- [Germany] Fellowship Akademie Schloss Solitude Stu...
- [New Zealand] International Doctoral Research Scho...
- [USA] The SOM Prize and Travel Fellowship for Arch...
- [Australia] Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia...
- [France] 50 Phd thesis offers in 2010 at INRIA
- [Bangladesh] NOMA Graduate Scholarship North South...
- ▼ avr. 05 (8)
- ► novembre (85)
- ► octobre (153)
- ► juillet (120)
- ► mai (50)
- ► avril (247)