- Management Science
Department of Business and Economics
5230 Odense M
Albanian | Arabic | Bulgarian | Catalan | Chinese | Croatian | Czech | Danish | Dutch | Estonian | Filipino | Finnish | French | Galician | German | Greek | Hebrew | Hindi | Hungarian | Indonesian | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Latvian | Lithuanian | Maltese | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Romanian | Russian | Serbian | Slovak | Slovenian | Spanish | Swedish | Thai | Turkish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
School of Law, University of Deusto
Avda. de las Universidades 24
E-48007 Bilbao (SPAIN)
This year, as in recent years, Staffordshire University together with the Open Society Institute and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (UK Government) are offering a number of scholarships for qualified graduates from selected South East European countries. There will be 10 scholarships for candidates from Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia and Montenegro to study on the MSc in Economics for Business Analysis programme. There will also be 5 scholarships for graduates from Albania,
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia and Montenegro for the PhD in Economics programme (distance learning mode).
Details of the scholarships can be found on the Business School’s website at:
Thank you for your assistance.
International Links Administrator
Tel: 00 44 (0)1782 294065
Fax: 00 44 (0)1782 294340
E-mail J.Herbert@staffs. ac.uk
Job Purpose and Management
Project Title:Support and Opposition to Migration: a Cross National Comparison of the Politicisation of Migration (in Europe)
Project Supervisor:Professo r Roger Eatwell (ESML and Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences)
This is a European Union 7th Framework Programme funded post, based in the Department of European Studies and Modern Languages. The project brings together researchers in the Universities of: Amsterdam; Bath; Brussels; Trinity College Dublin; Manchester; Neuchâtel; and Vienna. Each is responsible for studying developments in their home country, except for Manchester which covers Spain, though an important aspect of the project is to develop comparative insights/theory. Thus the person who holds the post in Bath will focus empirically mainly on developments in Britain. Overall, it is also intended that the project will develop research and ideas for dissemination to public policy makers in the UK, the European Union, and more widely.
The Post-Doctoral Research Officer appointed in Bath will help produce a variety of work packages relating to issues such as the demographics of British immigration, legal and policy issues relating to immigration, and media coverage of immigration and related issues. There will be a particular focus on analysing Political and Discursive Opportunity Structures (POS and DOS), though overall the study will test a variety of demand and supply side hypotheses.
As well as coming into contact with the broader team of researchers (including other post-docs) on this project, the person appointed will be working within the Department of European Studies and Modern Languages at Bath, which has notable expertise in fields such as extreme right parties and immigration. It should offer the opportunity for developing publications both individually, and collectively.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To become familiar with the background literature on the broad issue of migration and politics in Europe, especially Britain, and to gather further information from the literature and web sites.
2. To undertake empirical work on the project as specified by the Bath PI/the work packages described in the general grant bid using a variety of standard social science methods. The main activities in this context include: the collection of statistics on immigration; collecting information on Political Opportunity Structures; collecting and helping to code newspaper content on immigration- related issues; collection of opinion poll material on relevant issues; analysing interviews with key informants.
3. To write first drafts of work package reports, and other material directly related to the project.
4. To assist the PI with project management (organising meetings, corresponding with the partners).
5. To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by the PI, and/or the Head of Department from time to time.
DEADLINE for applications: 16th November 2009.
More information: http://www.bath.ac.uk/personnel/further-parts/09301CLC.htm
* Special scholarships for outstanding female candidates
* Partner companies funding scholarships for applicants of exceptional merit
* 3 Corporate Fellowships with traineeships at international corporations for qualified candidates
European School of Management and Technology is offering several
additional merit-based scholarships for applicants to the Full-time MBA program beginning January 2010 in Berlin. These scholarships have been made possible by ESMTâ€™s partner companies, who have donated to the scholarship pool. Outstanding female candidates may also apply for a limited number of full-tuition scholarships. ESMTâ€™s partners are a group of 25 global companies, such as Allianz, BMW, Daimler, Deutsche Bank, MAN, Siemens, The Boston Consulting Group, and ThyssenKrupp.
All accepted applicants to the ESMT Full-time MBA program are screened for scholarship selection. Applications will be accepted until early December 2009.
Kristin Dolgner, Tel.: +49 (0)30 21231-1066, kristin.dolgner@ esmt.org
Martha Ihlbrock, Tel.: +49 (0)30 21231-1043, martha.ihlbrock@ esmt.org
European School of Management and Technology was founded in October 2002 by 25 leading global companies and institutions. The international business school offers Full-time MBA and Executive MBA programs, as well as executive education in the form of open enrollment and customized programs. The School also features in-house research-oriented consulting services in the areas of competition and regulation. ESMT is a private university based in Berlin, Germany, with an additional location in Schloss Gracht near Cologne.