The Heinrich Boll Foundation offers The Masters Scholarships for the year 2011/12 to German citizens, EU citizens and students who have gained their university entrance qualifications from a German school in Germany
Who may apply:
- The maintenance scholarships which are awarded to German citizens, EU citizens and students who have gained their university entrance qualifications from a German school will be calculated on the same basis as BAföG, depending on your parent’s income and/or your own income and personal assets.
- Irrespective of this, an independent book grant of 80 € per month will be awarded to all successful applicants.
- Your are entitled to receiving a scholarship if you are enrolled at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education (university, college or equivalent) in Germany, Switzerland or in a member state of the EU. To all institutions of higher education outside Germany applies a priority of M.A. programs (i.e. applicants from international B.A. programs will be funded in exceptional cases only).
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the Heinrich Böll Foundation’s scholarship and funding programme, please send three sets of your written application (1 original with original signature and two identical copies) to the Scholarship Department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. Your documents should all be written in German. (Personal reference and expert reference from a college or university lecturer, or a school teacher for school graduates, may be written in English.)
- Please ensure to keep all submitted application documents for later reference. In case of your acceptance to the second stage of the application process, you need to send an identical copy of all application documents (points I – XI) to the liaison lecturer.
- The submission of your written application documents, including a personal reference on your social involvement and an expert reference from a university lecturer, or a school teacher in the case of school graduates
- An interview with a liaison lecturer, usually at the university you wish to attend (in exceptional cases interviews by phone are also possible)
- Participation in a selection workshop in Berlin with an individual interview and a group discussion
Fax: 030/285 34-409