PhD Positions in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Georg August University Göttingen, GGNB, Germany
The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck Institutes, and the German Primate Center. GGNB is funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German federal and state governments.
Twelve doctoral programs are currently united under the roof of GGNB, sharing a common interdisciplinary training platform for their Ph.D. candidates. All courses are in English. Each Ph.D. candidate is affiliated with one of the doctoral programs of GGNB where he/she receives individual counseling and is guided in his/her thesis work by a thesis committee of at least three faculty members. We invite for applications for Ph.D. positions in Biology / Physics / Chemistry in the following doctoral programs:
- Biomolecules: Structure - Function - Dynamics
- Molecular Biology of Microbial, Animal and Plant Cells
- Molecular Biology of Development and Interaction between Organisms
- International Max Planck Research School Physics of Biological and Complex Systems
- Molecular Physiology of the Brain
- Sensory and Motor Neuroscience
- Systems Neuroscience
- Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience
Candidates holding a Masters degree in the natural sciences or related disciplines and an excellent academic record may apply by 15 January 2010 or also independent of deadlines.
See www.ggnb.uni-goettingen.de for details.
Closing date: 15 January 2010