PhD Studentships for home/EU/internation al overseas students with bursaries available against fees.
Projects are available in research groups allied to Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacy, Optometry and Psychology.
Applications are invited for three year Research Studentships to be undertaken in the School of Life and Health Sciences at Aston University to start in July or October 2009.
The School of Life and Health Sciences is equipped with state-of-the- art facilities to pursue cutting-edge research. In the 2008 RAE, 85% of the research in the School of Life and Health Sciences was ranked as being of international quality, and the School was ranked 3rd out of 61 UK University submissions to Allied Health Professions and Studies for quality and volume of research. The School currently has a research income of about £8m, with approximately 70 research students, (part time and full-time), who are registered in the School each year.
Projects can be viewed by research topic and research supervisor at (http://www1. aston.ac. uk/lhs/research/pgresopportunities/projectsforhome-eu-intstudents/).
The projects are available to students meeting the University and School academic entry requirements and bursaries for international students will be awarded competitively on merit. The bursaries for international students will cover payment of £10,000 against the international fee and for home/EU students will cover payment of £3,000 against the home/EU student fee.
• Applicants should have or expect a good honours degree (either first class or upper second class) or hold an MSc in a relevant discipline.
• If you are an EU/IOS Applicant, the English Language Requirements are a minimum score of 620 (250 minimum in computer test) in TOEFL OR IELTS with minimum marks of 6.0 in each section and an overall band of 6.5.
• The studentships are for 3 years, subject to a satisfactory progress review at the end of the first year, and are available for July 1st and October 1st 2009 registration.
• For an application form please visit: http://www1. lhs.aston. ac.uk/pabs/ pgprojects/ application% 20form.pdf
• Closing Date: Monday, 13th May 2009 for July entry or August 12th for October entry
• For informal enquiries or to return completed applications forms, please contact the Research Office, Room MB560, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET; email j.a.taylor@aston. ac.uk: +44 (0)121 204 4019).